Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Walnut Stained Tub Tray


Custom ordered tub tray AKA bathtub board stained and customized ready for Christmas.


Actually I had two ordered so purchased 2 hobby boards; one 10" W and one 12" w both 36" long.


This tray is the 10" wide board with edges sanded with a sanding sponge all ready to be stained with Dixie Belle No Pain Gel Stain in walnut: a rich brown color.


below is a video view of the stain going on


I applied it with a blue shop towel with the grain on both sides. One coat is all that was need to get this gorgeous color below.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The right board is the 12" board in black caviar from Zar.


Once it was dried well it was time to customize. I finally got to use my Cutting Edge Stencils script alphabet stencil and smaller stencil brush.


I chose Dixie Belle caviar for the stenciling to create the word relax.



The board was then sealed on both sides with 3 coats of Dixie Belle satin clear coat lightly sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge between coats.


And it is all ready to be wrapped and put under the tree for one deserving Mom :)


I love the simplicity this stain color and word evoke.



Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties


Comments

  1. Just like that lazy Susan, your bathtub board looks amazing! Love the stencils. I actually hadn't thought of that. Really, there's no surprise there - I'm not that creative. What a beautiful gift that would make. Thanks for sharing it at the Farmhouse Friday LP. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words, it means allot. I love to add a bit of pizzazz to some pieces and stencils work perfectly :)

      Merry Christmas!!

      Delete

Post a Comment