Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Farmhouse-ified Round Wooden Bowl No 2

 


I love solid wood bowls and this hand crafted bowl was given a well needed update. A worn white finish gives it new life for 2021 and years to come.


The bowl was hand turned into a lovely size and shape but the color and original finish was just tired.


As per usual the first step a good scrub with some Fusion TSP Alternative in warm soapy water, rinse and let dry.

Then the entire bowl was lightly sanded and wiped again.


I have found in the past that some of these wooden bowls have bleed thru of stain or oils after painting so to avoid that I applied Dixie Belle BOSS on this series of 3 bowls on ALL sides. 

It goes on white as shown on the jumbo round at bottom but dries clear as shown on the top 2 bowls.

Now to give the fresh new color. I chose Fusion Milk Paint color toasted coconut. This new milk paint line is fabulous. I used this gorgeous warm white on a super cute antique drum table and an adorable antique crate.


Two coats were brushed on in not solid pattern allowing some areas to be thinner and create a worn appearance.


Once dry it was sanded smooth and distressed along the edges lightly being sure not to go thru the clear barrier layer. To seal up the milk paint I hand rubbed in clear Fusion Furniture Wax.


To give more age and depth ageing Fusion Furniture Wax was applied in various areas and along the edges.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


video tour








Here is the farmhouse wooden bowl collection complete. Tutorials on the jumbo round bowl and the square wood bowl are to follow. All are for sale on my Etsy shop.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Rebecca, I truly appreciate your support and comments. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Lovely idea! I have a few wood bowl that I never use that this project would be great for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, apologies for such a long delay as I found these comments in a hidden moderation folder :(

      Delete

Post a Comment