Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Peacock Jewelry Box


I never tire of updating jewelry boxes nor do I tire of any gorgeous shade of blue paint. This peacock blue was the perfect color for this gorgeous jewelry box.


Just look at the amazing storage in this adorable jewelry chest.



 Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store


After a good wipe down with a soft cloth dipped in warm soapy water with a bit of Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner then wiped with clean water it was ready to be painted.

Dixie Belle Paint peacock blue was the first color to go on. You have seen me use it before on this  gorgeous dresser, square mandala stenciled coffee table and rustic rectangular coffee table.


Here is peacock coat dry, so pretty don't you think?


Next Dixie Belle Paint in antebellum blue was blended around the edges to create a worn layered look.


Top angle shows it better.


I wanted to add subtle texture and design to the large top so used Dixie Belle Paint's new stencil line choosing the Morocco stencil. The antebellum blue was stenciled on.


Exactly the look I was wanting. The top was then lightly sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge to smooth but leave some texture.


The entire jewelry box was sealed with Dixie Belle's best dang wax in clear with some brown wax being added to the edges to further age.


It was posted on my Etsy shop selling out in short order. It seems others love this combo as well.

I share all these views so you can see it from all sides.



take a video tour of this beauty.



Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!


Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. So Pretty. Great job. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Rebecca, I appreciate your kind words and time : ) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Gorgeous color, it's one of my favorite Dixie Belle blue colors. I'm not surprised your upcycled jewelry box sold quickly, it's such a pretty makeover!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment