Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Zar Black Caviar Stained Tub Tray


Christmas isn't complete without a couple tub tray orders. This one was created for my eldest daughter.


 I picked up 2 solid wood hobby boards to create a couple orders. One was 10" wide and the other 12" wide, both 36" long.


This 12" wide tub tray had the edges sanded smooth then stained with Zar stain in black caviar. I always start with the back side first and once dry flip to the front side and stain.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


I was working on another tub tray at the time too on the left. It is walnut stained bathtub board.


Here are two coats of the black caviar, what a lovely rich browny black color.


Seeing this tub tray is for my daughter I really wanted to personalize it. I chose to monogram the lower right corner. I found the font I liked (behind Script) and printed it out in the size I wanted.

A great way to transfer onto dark colors is to rub white chalk on the back side of the paper then trace over the letter where you want it on the board.


Then using my Sharpie oil pen I hand drew along my chalk lines.

I love it, how about you?


I also wanted to add a bit of pretty design to the board but keep it very subtle.

I chose my favorite Cutting Edge Stencil; the prosperity mandala. I used Cutting Edge's 3/4" stencil brush to apply a soft metallic brown paint color called java from Plaster Paint.


Isn't it gorgeous? Once dry it was sponge sanded and the entire tray was sealed with Zar's crystal clear poly in semi gloss ; 3 coats on the front and 2 on the back again lightly sanded between coats.


With the subtle stencil and the semi gloss sheen it makes getting a clear photo very hard.


Here is a video tour





So I have tried a few different angles and lighting and hope to get a few photos of this stunning stained tray.











Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. This turned out so good! I love the look!! I came from farmhouse fridays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, apologies for such a long delay as I found these comments in a hidden moderation folder :(

      Delete

Post a Comment