Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Farmhouse-ified Square Wooden Bowl

 Here is another of the reloved wooden bowls done in a farmhouse finish, such a great update I think :)


First step a good scrub with Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner in warm soapy water, rinse and let dry.
 

The edges were then lightly sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge. They curve perfectly to these edges. Wipe off dust.


To avoid possible bleed thru I applied Dixie Belle BOSS on all 3 bowls on ALL sides. It goes on white as shown on the jumbo round at bottom but dries clear as shown on the top 2 bowls.



Dixie Belle paint in drop cloth; my favorite warm white was brushed on again on all sides. 


Two coats were applied wet distressing after each coat with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge. All sides were then lightly sanded to ensure a smooth surface.


Dixie Belle's best dang wax in clear was hand rubbed in on all sides followed by the brown wax to highlight areas and age the bowl for a further farmhouse feel.



Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me

video tour




Here is the farmhouse wooden bowl collection complete. Here are the tutorials for the flared round bowl and the jumbo round bowl. All are for sale on my Etsy shop. 



Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties




Comments