Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Indian Inlay Stenciled Dresser

 

Are you a stencil fan? I used part of the pretty Indian inlay stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils and warm white paint to give this little wooden dresser some pizzaz. The cut glass knobs added glam!

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store


SCRUB, scrub and scrub some more. Every piece that I do gets a complete scrub inside out and upside down with warm water, Fusion TSP Alternative and a scrub brush then rinsed clean. Seeing it was wood veneer it was dried with a soft towel right away to prevent any lifting.


Areas around the knobs were gouged so wood filler was used to fill then sanded smooth when dry.


As per usual there is always one drawer that needs regluing and the bottom drawer flattened. I use a gallon paint can with newspaper between it and the drawer after scrubbed.


The top had water marks that were not removed during scrubbing and not wanting them to leech thru the top was given a coat of clear Dixie Belle BOSS.


This stain is now sealed in and the entire top is ready to paint.


free hand painting video


The customer chose the color combo of this jewelry box in reverse. So Fusion Mineral Paint in Champlain was brushed on. Above is all pieces painted with the last side to go. The wood striation may be an issue but will see after one coat.


Yes after drying you can see the darker wood tones.


I pulled out my Zinsser Bull's Eye 1-2-3 Primer and applied a coat to the entire dresser for a consistent color coverage.


Now back to the Champlain for another coat on all pieces.


Now to add the pretty stencil. I love Cutting Edge Stencils  for their selection and durable stencils. I chose the floral section of the Indian inlay set. 


Using their 3/4" stencil brush I stenciled on the damask; a soft muted pink from Fusion Mineral Paint.


Then repeated on all 6 drawers.


Along with the color choices the buyer selected these cut glass knobs from my stash. Fancy and so sparkly.


To keep drawers gliding smoothly I always run some canning wax along each runner before putting in the drawers.














Did you check out the jewelry box tutorial? The dresser customer bought it too as well for her daughter getting the dresser. :)





FEATURED ON

September 7/2021


Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. Beautiful! I always look forward to your posts and the fabulous job you do with your furniture. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your kind words. I so appreciate you taking the time to share them with me. I wish you a fabulous 2021!! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Both pieces look great but I especially like the little table. What a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, apologies for such a long delay as I found these comments in a hidden moderation folder :(

      Delete
  3. So very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at Embracing Home and Family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, apologies for such a long delay as I found these comments in a hidden moderation folder :(

      Delete

Post a Comment