Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Best Jewelry Box Update Yet

 

This is my new favorite jewelry box update. It is done in a worn old world finish with some sparkle.


I purchased the jewelry box in a 10 lot package; it was painted black and in came in pieces. But it did have the prettiest pulls. I need to find these, if you know where I can find them please message me.




After a good cleaning the velvet covered ring tray was taped off for ease of painting and the pulls removed.


Working with the black paint I chose Dixie Belle whitewash glaze . Brushing it on with a Dixie Belle chip brush then wiping back with a blue shop towel you can see the pretty finish it creates on the lower drawer.


Here is the whitewash glaze going on the body of the box.


The glass was removed from the door then it was glued with wood glue and clamped.


Here the drawers and door are set in to get an overall look of this finish. I loved it.


Now to add some sparkle to this worn and weathered finish. Hello Dixie Belle Paint's new gilding wax in silver. Using my finger tip I lightly ran it over the edges and dot details, perfect.


And it works perfect on hardware changing this original bronzey gold color 


to a pretty silver!

The folding door was screwed back in place after a few sanding and repainting of the edges to get the door to close smoothly which must have been why all disassembled when it came.


In keeping with old world yet sparkly I did my favorite faux mercury mirror finish on the etched glass door. I use vinegar and Rustoleum mirror effect spray paint. Here are other jewelry boxes I did using this mercury glass finish on the glass, a couple have videos of this process.


The last step is to be sure the interior has all paint dust and any other fluff removed. The inside is vacuumed with a pointy connector end then I like to use lint roller sheets. They pick up everything; just tear off a sheet, place on the lining surfaces and lift. Then the interior mirror is cleaned spotless and the fabulous pulls put back on.


It is my new fav, what do you think of it? If you are interested it is available on my Etsy shop.

The crystal pulls are so amazing I have to find the source.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Be sure to check out the video tour below.




Please take a video tour of this beauty.



Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Featured on



Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. I love the color and glitter! Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca, it is such a sweet box for sure :) Happy Family Day !!

      Delete
  2. This is such a stunning jewelry box upcycle! I love the finish and those knobs are gorgeous. But I especially like how you gave the original glass door a faux mercury glass finish - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Marie, I love to do a signature faux mercury glass on my jewelry box doors and yes those knobs are the BOMB!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this during our Linky Party last week, I chose it as my feature for this week...such an awesome project! Be sure to link up another project this week! https://bellacraftspublishing.com/creative-crafts-linky-party-30/ ~ Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, so sorry to be late on this reply I only found your comment in a spam folder, I appreciate you choosing my jewelry box!!

      Delete

Post a Comment