Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Antique Magazine Rack Spray Painted in Chalky Finish


I like to add pops of color into a room with smaller wood decor pieces, like this sweet antique magazine rack.


This beauty is constructed of solid wood, complete with turned spindles and maker stamp on the bottom. 

The finish has seen better days for sure and calls for a fresh new look.


Starting with a good scrub to remove any gunk and grime accumulated over the years and loose finish. Then rinsed well and left to dry completely before the painting stage.


I chose Krylon chalky finish spray paint in tidal blue for this project. This worked well to get around all the spindles efficiently and left a chalk like finish.


Once pieces are painted, anything that remained on the surface will show, like this store sticker residue I thought I had removed. Prep is one of the most important steps to avoid this. Even though I thought I had cleaned, paint proved otherwise.

I used my trusty Nature's Ultimate orange cleaner (I use it to get paint off anything safely) to get it completely removed then resprayed that side.


Krylon has a spray sealer for this finish but I wanted to have a hand rubbed dark wax finish. I went with Daddy Van's espresso wax after distressing the edges to keep the antique look.


The easiest way to get in and around all the spindles was to turn it on its side ;)

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me



The color blue is hard to photograph true as it changes in different lighting. It is bluer then shows above.


Yet greener then it shows above with Lexi the shop inspector doing her review.


This photo is the most true to real life.


 Shared at  these fun link up parties

creative inspirations
Farmhouse Friday
Silver Pennies Sundays


Comments