Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

How to Update an Artists Print and Frame


After & Before


I picked up this old frame with print, I love poppies but not the color of these ones. The frame was lovely but a bit too bright for my farmhouse look. Paint would fix both issues. :)

NOTE: the frame is not solid wood but rather a lightweight resin replica


My youngest daughter is a great artist, all 3 are good at it but she has been getting back into doing art lately. When I asked if she would update the color of my poppies she was game to give it a go.

Above is her first few hours of work. She used oil paints to do her part.


And here she is finishing up a few weeks later.


PERFECT, they are shades of pretty pink!


Now for the ornate very gold frame. To tone it down I brushed on House & Canvas paint in angora white.

See angora used on this Bombay Watch Chest, this Dining Table, Unique Bread Box and French Provincial End Table. All these projects and many small ones like this frame have been done using the same jar of paint and there is still 1/2 left!!


Then distressed it back to reveal some of the gold  then sealed it all with  Fusion Mineral Paint's clear wax 


To bring out the ornate details even more, Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax was brushed into the crevices.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


And I thought it was complete but the inner gold frame seemed just to bright with the aged rest.


So I washed it over with the House & Canvas angora white paint to soften it just a bit.
Now it is done, ;)

I love how easy it was to update the print and the frame to work better in my farmhouse styled home.

Linked up at these parties

Comments