Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Decoupaged & Milk Painted Wine Crate


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


I just love wooden boxes for so many reasons but think it started when I was little. My grandma had a few sweet carved little wood boxes she stored trinkets in and I thought them so magical.

One was decoupaged cigar box with pretty little pictures all over too. I have always been drawn to wooden boxes. This cedar wine crate of course caught my eye.


I painted the entire box portion; the bottom side as well, Miss Mustard Seed milk paint in shutter grey. I was working as well on this sweet wooden tray in the same color.

The box was then clear waxed and left to dry. The sliding top door was just painted around the edges.


I originally had planned to decoupage it but could not find paper I liked so went with plan b; fill the carved words with embossing paste. After the paste dried (above is still wet) I power sanded it smooth but the words could still be faintly seen and paint and wax will bring them out even more.


Low and behold as I was organizing my work cabinet I found the PERFECT drawer liner remnant. I cut it to fit, brushed ModPodge on the underside and glued it in place and left to dry overnight.


The ModPodge I had on hand was glossy finish which was not the look I was going for in this vintage looking piece. In keeping with the vintage look I sanded the edges of the floral paper as well as the flat surface to give an aged look. I went with Safecoat Acriglaze to seal the paper top. Brushed on and left to dry it left a beautiful matte finish.


The final step was to add black wax to all the edges for a worn vintage feel.


With the bottom painted as well, this box can sit on its end or side and be viewed from all sides.


It is the perfect gift box that can be used to store endless possibilities for years to come.



video tour










Shared at these link up parties

Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment